The e-commerce industry is growing rapidly, and more people than ever have started to use online stores to purchase and sell goods.
If done correctly, building an eCommerce platform can make you a lot of money. However, there are a lot of things you need to keep in mind during eCommerce web design.
For your customer to spend quality time in your online store, good eCommerce web design is important. To turn your visitors into potential customers, your website should be easy to use and responsive.
There is a lot of competition in the eCommerce industry, and over a million online stores. However, very few of them are eye-catching.
During eCommerce web design, there are a few things that should be taken into consideration:
- Design should Match Product: Keep in mind that the design of your site needs to resemble the product. Users should know what you are selling. For example, if you are a clothing company, your page should look trendy and modern. If you are selling products for kids, your page should look colorful and exciting.
- Appealing Design: One of the basic rules of eCommerce web design is to keep it clean. It is important to keep the design clean and simple, as too much information in one page can confuse users. A clean design makes it easy for them to use your website. A seamless user experience makes it more likely for visitors to stay on your site and buy your product.
- Proper Product Description: When displaying items for sale on your website, it is important that you showcase and describe them properly. Wrong product description or misinformation leaves a very bad impression on the customer. Highlight each product and use high quality images to grab the user’s attention. Since the users will not be able to touch or try the item on, it is important that you provide them with details such as the length, width, size, and thickness of the product.
- Offer Free Shipping: Customers love free shipping. Speaking from experience, if I’m torn between having to decide whether to buy a product or not, I decide when I see the shipping rates. Cutting off shipping rates can increase product sales dramatically.
- Guest Checkout: Make sure to include a guest checkout option during eCommerce web design. Users do not like being forced to register. Many eCommerce websites require the customer to fill out forms and register before they can checkout. This can be very tiresome, and it may put off your potential customers. Allowing guest checkout instead of forcing users to create an account can significantly increase conversion.
- Easy Checkout Process: Apart from allowing users to checkout as a guest, it is also important to make the checkout process as easy as possible. Don’t create too many checkout pages as it can be tiring for your users. At the same time, don’t cram too much information on one page as that can be very confusing. Try finding a balance between the two to make it as easy as possible for your users.
- Payment Options: During eCommerce web design, keep in mind to include as many payment options as possible. By doing this, you are providing your customers with a wider range of options to choose from. This makes user experience a lot easier, and there is a high chance for them to return and buy from you again.
- Social Media Integration: When you integrate your website to your social media pages, your clients can get constant updates on new products and offers. If your customers see your posts constantly pop up on their feed, there is a higher chance of them buying your products.
- Provide Additional Support: If users encounter any problem while using your website, it is important that they get the help they require. There should be someone to attend to the customer’s needs at all times. This also makes your brand seem more trustworthy and reliable, and there is a high chance for your customers to return.
- Fast Response Time: It is important that your website is fast and easy for users to use. When they click on a button, it shouldn’t take too much time to load. Test your website response time occasionally. High loading time can be irritating, and people do not like to wait. This can reduce the traffic to your website and affect sales negatively.
A better website means better sales. If a website is easy to use, flexible, and has responsive design, it will have more conversions. During eCommerce web design, it is important to keep the needs of the customer in mind.